Total views since Original Post:

Friday, December 12, 2014

It's Alive!

It's alive! 
Over long thought, I've decided to make it my own custom variant instead of going with MW LL's A variant of the warhammer. The only difference between mine and there's is that one of the ppc's is swapped out for a gauss rifle. 
There variant has two gauss rifles; one on each arm. 

I also put a light coat of grey primer on the surface of the model to test if I had gotten all the mold lines smooth. 
See pictures below: 


 In other news Monday I mentioned the contents of this blog post being the following, a rambling of tools that I use, and why

 I use them. The only exceptions are the types of putty I mentioned in the last post. 
1.) generic CA super glue:


As you can see it is the generic bargain brand CA super glue you can get at craft stores like Hobby Lobby. You can get this particular brand for roughly $6.00 a bottle, $2.00-$4.00 less then the name brand glue.

Perks
-CA has been developed for use in the military. This means that 
it can AND will bond to skin (almost instantaneously) as it was originally created to clot bleeding much faster than a scab can form.  
-Strong
-Lightweight 
-Bonds most material together, be sure to file both surfaces down so the glue has something to hold on to.


2.) Finger drills



Finger drills work in the same manner of a pin vice. 

Perks
-as apposed by a pin vice, they are held in your fingers so you 
can be more precise. 
-They come in many sizes; the ones I usually use are:
          -1/64
          -3/64
          -1/16
          -1/32
*A caution* the smaller bits like 3/64 are extremely delicate and can snap easy. (Hasn't happened to me YET. But I have heard of it happening) 


3.) File




A file is a very, very useful tool that is often overlooked. 
I am primarily using the one on the "workchamp" Swiss Army knife; this particular file was meant for soft metals so it reallycuts through the putty like butter. 

Perks
- teeth on the file are far away, so gunk is rarely needed to be cleaned out. 
-Can be used on multiple surfaces


4.) permanent marker 
I use a blue sharpie to mark out where detail needs to go on a 
model, and too right build notes on the models surface for reference
Tip of the day: Hand sanitizer works great to get sharpie of a surface because of the alcohol content. 

And with that, this draws an end to this blog post, see y'all soon next Monday, where we'll probably be discussing paintschemes. 
Hint; I am thinking of doing some sorta digital camo...

Stay tuned more on that later.

If you enjoyed today's post make sure to recommend this blog to your friends and family, and also please recommend this blog on Google+ if you particularly enjoy what I am posting. 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment