Total views since Original Post:

Friday, December 26, 2014

Jäger down! Jäger down!

Hello all, last week I promised a lesson on pinning and where to do so to effectively ensure structural integrity to a model, so I hope you find this helpful.

While building a model or figure you might realize that some pieces need pinning to support the part.

For this demonstration I am using both a 3/64 drill bit, and music wire and a pin vise.

Step one-Find the face on the model that will need the pin inserted. In this case it is the left and right leg, where they connect to the torso and to the base.
-Find the center of the piece

                                     

Step two-after finding the center of both faces, mark the center with your hobby knife to make a "pilot hole" 
In this picture I screwed up and didn't get the drill bit centered so the same mis-centering is required on the other face to counteract it. Step three- Do the same to the other side of the model 


Step four- Almost done! Here all I have to do is pin the other side and mount it on the base, quick and painless!
*puts on sunglasses*I geuss you could say...that it is legged.
All I've got to do is make a new raider dish for the jagermech as half was lost in the drop. 

But I hope this shows that pinning doesn't have to be difficult. 
See you next Monday. And if you enjoyed this post make sure too subscribe and recommend this blog on Google plus as we update the blog twice a week; Mondays and Fridays. 





No comments:

Post a Comment