Total views since Original Post:

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

GUNDAM POWERED GM CARDIGAN!

LHey all, 
recently picked up another gundam kit at my local hobby shop, the Powered GM Cardigan. It is one of the newer kits made by Bandai, and my first High-grade Gunpla kit I have built. It is modeled in 1/144 scale, so it stands in about 4-5 inches tall depending how you decide to pose it. 
This has got to be the model I have put the least work into, Didn't even have to spray paint it, just had to outline the panels. (One thing I forgot to do is put a layer of glosscoat... Will do that eventually.) I think it turned out pretty decent. 
The kit came with multiple variation bits to costomize the estetics of the model. I decided to build it stock, as Pilot Fumina Hoshino had it. My only major gripe about the model is the stock backpack. It often effects the model making it hard to pose and keep the balance. To solve this I used the extra backpack included in the kit, that did not have the equipment attached to it like on the boxart. 
So enough talk, and let's get to what you'll came to see, pictures! 
I chose this model over the others because of the overall clunky-ness of the armor, while still taking the sleak style of Eastern Mecha into account. It's a good meating point for both eastern and western design. 

Definitely more gunpla kits to be featured on this blog as we go along. ;) 
That's all for now, 
Ya'll stay safe out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment