Total views since Original Post:

Saturday, June 13, 2015

BACK IN BLACK!

Back in black! 
Dark grey..? Light grey..? No? Okay, Olive drab I geuss. 
Hey all, I'd like to show what I've painted up/worked on since January; starting with the most recent of the bunch. 
I just got one of the CBT scale Doloire mechs from the Dark Age. Since I don't have a favorite faction in that timeline, I decided to paint it in a generic camoscheme. 
All in all the mech went together quite well, with these major peices. 
-Torso assembly 
-Hip assembly (W/ Left leg attached)
-Right leg seperate
-Shoulder mount (Left/right arm) 
-Upper and lower right/left arm
-Large laser peices that attach to the lower arms. 

I pinned the mini where applicable. (Torso/ hip, right leg joint) 
Unfortunately I don't have a picture with out any paint on it, about the closest thing I've got to that is it sitting in primer. 
I used 'Krylon grey primer' for the base coat, then dusted a white primer on top of that. 
This helps with the artificial highlights that you add on where you would imagine light would hit and refract on the real obj.


With the dusted primer on top


All in all if you're debating picking up this mech, I'd say that you are getting your money's worth. Just about my only complaint is how the right leg connects to the waist, it leaves a gap between the leg and hip assembly that isn't there on the left side. Luckily this can be quickly resolved with some very minor pinning. 

Over the next few weeks I'll update the blog with the last 4-5 months worth of projects. To keep up with the blog, make sure you subscribe via the email subscription box to the right of this page. ---->

I've also got a 1/144 scale Gundam Mecha in the works, I should have it finished soon enough. 
Here is a small preview... I think it's turning out rather well. 


In the meantime, Thank you for looking. 
See ya'al soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment